This time of year, I’m using up a lot of apples! It kills me to see the peel going to waste when I need to have peeled apples for a recipe. Luckily, those peels go into compost here, or better yet, into tea!! It’s so easy and simple to make apple tea. Generally it tastes like a weaker version of apple cider. It has a very nice light, sweet taste.
Falling Day’s Apple Tea
- apple peels
- lemon juice
- spices (optional)
- honey, or other sweetener (optional)
- Put your apple peels into a saucepan.
- Cover with water (approx. 3-4 cups per 3-4 apples).
- Add a little lemon juice, maybe about a tablespoon per 4 cups of water.
- Throw in a cinnamon stick in if you like.
- Bring to a boil, and boil covered for about 10 minutes.
- Simmer for a little while, until the water is a rosy-sort of colour…
View original post 120 more words