- Peter Smith was asphyxiated. “He was found with a bag over his head with a source of helium attached.”
- Smith allegedly left behind, written in all caps, stating “NO FOUL PLAY WHATSOEVER.” Never wrote his emails in all-caps.
- Suicide note says he was taking his own life because of a “RECENT BAD TURN IN HEALTH SINCE JANUARY, 2017” and that his timing was related “TO LIFE INSURANCE OF $5 MILLION EXPIRING.”
- Smith, 81, had a long history of investigating the Clintons. He reportedly had a hand in exposing then Gov. Bill Clinton’s “Troopergate” scandal in which the future president used state troopers to guard him while he was having sex with various women.
- Smith was behind an unsuccessful 2016 effort to enter the “dark Internet” to uncover Clinton’s deleted emails.
- The Chicago Tribune reported Thursday that the Minnesota death record states Smith committed suicide in a hotel room May 14.
View original post 594 more words