Bitter foods and herbs help the body digest food more efficiently and ease constipation. They increase the secretion of digestive enzymes and break down proteins, carbohydrates, and fats. In the small intestine, bile breaks down then absorbs fat. When bile is not flowing properly, many individuals suffer from constipation and/or gallstones. Bitter herbs can help by incorporating them in your diet and by using a bitter herb tincture.
Bitter herbs tincture
- 20 grams dried burdock root
- 10 grams dried dandelion root
- 5 grams dried licorice root
- 5 grams dried peppermint leaf
- 300 milliliters 90 proof-Vodka
- 1 (16-ounce mason jar)
- Make sure all of your herbs are in pieces are no larger than small river pebble pieces, but not powdered.
- Place the appropriate amount of each herb into the mason jar
- Fill the mason jar with 300 ml of 90-proof vodka, enough to cover the herbs.
- Allow the…
View original post 421 more words